Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing is a senior living facility in Uniondale, New York, a city with a total of 26,051 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. You could certainly do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this place's report card is its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for its inspection grade. This score is far more impressive than its overall grade. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a B in our long-term care category. This is one of our better grades. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.468796 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a a very poor grade in our short-term care area. It received an F in this category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home really didn't perform well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in nursing, this was its worst grade. Nursing grades are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. With a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 13.6% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 91.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Townhouse Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 6.82 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Nassau University Medical Center1.12 miles awayA. Holly Paterson Extended Care Facility 875 Jerusalem Avenue Uniondale New York 11553CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (516) 572-1800
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hempstead1.68 miles away615 Peninsula Boulevard Hempstead New York 11550CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 483-6702
- Davita Garden City Dialysis Center1.73 miles away1100 Stewart Avenue Suite 2 Garden City New York 11530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 357-0004
- Nyu Langone Hospitals2.48 miles away200 Old Country Road The Dialysis Center Mineola New York 11501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 663-9012
- Main Street Dialysis Center, LLC4.02 miles away3 North Main Street Freeport New York 11520Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 771-7112
- True North Dialysis Center, LLC4.3 miles away1 Cisney Ave Floral Park New York 11001Dialysis Stations: 1 (516) 327-9502
- New Hyde Park Dialysis Center4.48 miles awayNew Hyde Park Dialysis Center 1574 Hillside Avenue New Hyde Park New York 11040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 327-5555
- Lij Medical Center4.48 miles away270-05 76th Avenue Dialysis Unit 7th Floor New Hyde Park New York 11040Dialysis Stations: 6 (718) 470-7820