Town Hall Estates Arlington is located in the large metropolitan area of Arlington, Texas which has a total of 370,281 people. Sporting an overall score of B-, this appears to be a middle of the road facility. Even in a city of 10 nursing homes, this nursing home ought to be a perfectly acceptable option. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in all of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Town Hall Estates Arlington
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
824 W Mayfield Rd,
Arlington TX 76015
51.46% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest grades in this area with a grade of A. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Facilities that excel in this category tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. The last statistic we looked at was its hospitalization rate. We found that this nursing home had 3.56 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Although this wasn't as strong as most of its other scores in this category, this number can be skewed for some facilities based on the medical complexity of residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Town Hall Estates Arlington?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was short-term care, where this nursing home received a B- in this area. Our short-term care ratings are vital for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers at least 50% more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most other facilities. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that it fared better than most nursing homes in this metric with 53 percent of its residents returning home.
The last area we graded was nursing. We gave it a grade of C in this area. This is a perfectly acceptable grade in this area. Our nursing rating includes many factors. The most important variable is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 3.9 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is better than average. In calculating our grades, we apply additional weight to hours performed by more highly trained nurses such as registered or licensed nurses. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as minimizing major falls. This place performed admirably in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Town Hall Estates Arlington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 4.7% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 95.06% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 0.6 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- South Arlington Dialysis Center0.6 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- West Arlington Dialysis0.65 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403
- Arlington Dialysis1.91 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC2.95 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington4.14 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC4.48 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028
- North Arlington Dialysis4.62 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Eastchase Dialysis Center5.39 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372