Town Hall Estates Arlington is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Arlington, Texas. This facility received an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable score. This nursing home has a few things going for it. The best part of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Town Hall Estates Arlington
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall score is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in that category, with an A. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area tend to have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our more impressive scores. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is frequently a reliable assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Town Hall Estates Arlington?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category turned out to be long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. In determining our long-term care scores, we size up the personal care received by the facility's patients. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This facility's worst category was nursing, which is the final category we analyzed. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. There are quite a few factors included in this category. Most of the data points are tied to nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these data points to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Town Hall Estates Arlington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 4.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Town Hall Estates Arlington, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 0.6 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- South Arlington Dialysis Center0.6 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- West Arlington Dialysis0.65 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403
- Arlington Dialysis1.91 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC2.95 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington4.14 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC4.48 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028
- North Arlington Dialysis4.62 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Eastchase Dialysis Center5.39 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372