Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp is a small hospital-based facility in Torrance, California. This nursing home received an overall grade of A+. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be one of the top three nursing homes in Torrance. At the end of the day, this place would be a great choice for most people. As you can see below, this nursing home performed equally well in our category ratings. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Torrance senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Torrance, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Torrance, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. This nursing home really impressed us in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home received a high-end nursing rating. We gave it an A in that category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. We looked at the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provided 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Torrance, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Torrance, California has 5 other nursing homes
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 0.17 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- u.s. Renal Care Skypark Dialysis0.32 miles away3295 Skypark Drive Torrance California 90505CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (310) 539-5091
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Home Program0.67 miles away23441 Madison Street #320 Torrance California 90503Dialysis Stations: 4 (310) 378-8452
- Davita-Rolling Hills Dialysis1.52 miles away25210 Crenshaw Blvd., Suite 110 Torrance California 90505Dialysis Stations: 27 (310) 530-1180
- Davitatorrance Emerald Dialysis2.04 miles away20821 Hawthorne Blvd Torrance California 90503Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 214-1715
- u.s. Renal Care Lomita Dialysis2.19 miles away1830 Lomita Blvd. Lomita California 90717CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 530-7796
- u.s. Renal Care Earl Street Dialysis2.29 miles away20911 Earl Street, Suite 160 Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 9 (310) 371-4244
- u.s. Renal Care Torrance Dialysis Center2.38 miles away20430 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (424) 212-5051
- Fmc-South Bay3.03 miles away1221 Pacific Coast Highway Harbor City California 90710CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 539-1221