Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp is located in Torrance, California. The city provides a variety of available nursing homes. With an overall grade of A+, this nursing home graded out better than most of the nursing homes in Torrance by a significant margin. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3330 West Lomita Blvd,
Torrance CA 90505
67.99% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ in short-term care. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. It outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country with 67.4 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its top-shelf assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. This nursing home is as good as it gets in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp?
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Switching gears to the final category, this nursing home received an extremely favorable nursing rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 8 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This was one of the highest totals we found. Furthermore, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. On top of offering impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in the nation in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Torrance Memorial Med Center Snf/Dp, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Torrance, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Torrance, California has 11 other nursing homes
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 0.17 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- u.s. Renal Care Skypark Dialysis0.32 miles away3295 Skypark Drive Torrance California 90505CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (310) 539-5091
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Home Program0.67 miles away23441 Madison Street #320 Torrance California 90503Dialysis Stations: 4 (310) 378-8452
- Davita-Rolling Hills Dialysis1.52 miles away25210 Crenshaw Blvd., Suite 110 Torrance California 90505Dialysis Stations: 27 (310) 530-1180
- Davitatorrance Emerald Dialysis2.04 miles away20821 Hawthorne Blvd Torrance California 90503Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 214-1715
- u.s. Renal Care Lomita Dialysis2.19 miles away1830 Lomita Blvd. Lomita California 90717CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 530-7796
- u.s. Renal Care Earl Street Dialysis2.29 miles away20911 Earl Street, Suite 160 Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 9 (310) 371-4244
- u.s. Renal Care Torrance Dialysis Center2.38 miles away20430 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance California 90503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (424) 212-5051
- Fmc-South Bay3.03 miles away1221 Pacific Coast Highway Harbor City California 90710CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 539-1221