Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit is a nursing home in Toledo, Ohio which has 316,948 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme takes superb scores across the board. We were not surprised to discover that this is substantially better than most of the facilities in Toledo. Headlining this facility's stellar report card is its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next section.
Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit
Updated Oct 1, 2018 by Sara Levinsohn
2142 North Cove Boulevard,
Toledo OH 43606
68.28% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is more often than not a solid assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. This nursing home is the gold standard in terms of skilled nursing staffing. In fact, it offered approximately 1.5 times as many registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. On top of excelling in the area of physical therapy staffing, we found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in the nation with 73.1 percent of its patients returning home.
This facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. This is one of the few places to receive multiple A+ category grades. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its remarkable resume, this facility also was awarded a superb long-term care score, with a score of A. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. We gave it an A in this area. This rounded out truly elite report card. The nursing score weighs several factors, but the main consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility boasts a really impressive 6.9 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any facility in the country in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these data points as predictive measures of the caliber of nursing care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit, null ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of long-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 14 other nursing homes
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.69 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis0.05 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670
- Davita - West Toledo1.16 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis1.18 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Davita-Miracle Mile Dialysis2.05 miles away4925 Jackman Road Unit 59 Toledo Ohio 43613Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-4989
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate2.08 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis2.24 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis2.26 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995
- Dialysis Centers of Northwest Ohio, Ltd3.17 miles away5719 Jackman Rd Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 471-1710