Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit is a facility located in Toledo, Ohio which has a population of 316,948 people. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is one of the top facilities we looked at. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percent of all facilities in the United States. This also turned out to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2018 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is considered to be a reliable measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care grade. This is a very impressive score. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on to our final area, this facility was given an excellent nursing rating. In fact, we gave it an A in that category, rounding out a straight A profile. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of long-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Toledo Hospital Transitional Care Unit, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.3 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.69 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis0.05 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670
- Davita - West Toledo1.16 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis1.18 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Davita-Miracle Mile Dialysis2.05 miles away4925 Jackman Road Unit 59 Toledo Ohio 43613Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-4989
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate2.08 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis2.24 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis2.26 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995
- Dialysis Centers of Northwest Ohio, Ltd3.17 miles away5719 Jackman Rd Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 471-1710