Tockwotton on the Waterfront is a small non-profit nursing home located in East Providence, Rhode Island. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires first-rate performance across the board. Based on our assessment, this facility is a no brainer for most people. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category ratings, which are just as impressive as its overall rating.
Tockwotton on the Waterfront
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. In our short-term care category, we seek to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Tockwotton on the Waterfront?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing grade includes many datapoints, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this nursing home also performed admirably in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in this area. This rounded out truly elite profile. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 81.29032 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tockwotton on the Waterfront Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 2.96% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 94.59% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tockwotton on the Waterfront, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for East Providence, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? East Providence, Rhode Island has 6 other nursing homes
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 1.96 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.73 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.06 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital1.49 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of Providence1.71 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of East Providence1.83 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Nna of Providence2.25 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Nna - Pawtucket4.06 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Davita North Providence Renal Center4.63 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket4.66 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313