Tlc Care Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Henderson, Nevada. This facility received a grade of B overall. We found it to be better than most of the facilities in Henderson, which has a city grade of B-. You could definitely do much worse than this place. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Tlc Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. In calculating our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. We gave them one of our stronger grades in that area, with a grade of B. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 94.12698 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Tlc Care Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it excelled in the area of inspections, with a grade of B in that category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, this facility was awarded a respectable short-term care grade of B-. In crafting these short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tlc Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tlc Care Center, 10.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tlc Care Center, 1.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tlc Care Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tlc Care Center, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tlc Care Center, 17.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tlc Care Center, 3.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tlc Care Center, 77.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tlc Care Center, 14.36% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tlc Care Center, 22.51% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Tlc Care Center, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tlc Care Center, 22.51 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tlc Care Center, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tlc Care Center, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Henderson, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Henderson, Nevada has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals - Rose De LimaAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away102 E Lake Mead Dr Henderson Nevada 89015Voluntary non-profit - Church(702) 616-5000
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 11.17 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Nevada Dialysis Center (Dva)0.16 miles away1510 W Warm Springs Rd Ste 100 Henderson Nevada 89014CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (702) 451-2131
- Green Valley Dialysis (Dva)0.16 miles away1489 W Warm Springs Rd Ste 122 Henderson Nevada 89014CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (702) 450-8877
- Fmc-Oasis2.81 miles away1661 W Horizon Ridge Parkway Suite 101 Henderson Nevada 89012Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 614-4301
- South Pecos (Fmc)3.04 miles away6330 S Pecos Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (702) 433-3079
- Davita the District Dialysis Nv3.09 miles away2300 Corporate Circle Ste 100 Henderson Nevada 89074Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 487-5576
- Anthem Village Dialysis (Dva)4.72 miles away2530 Anthem Village Dr Henderson Nevada 89052CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 614-0590
- Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)5.12 miles away2333 Renaissance Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 740-8580
- Desert Springs Dialysis Center (Dva)5.84 miles away2110 E Flamingo Rd Ste 108 Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 696-9768