Timothy Daniels House is a facility in Holliston, Massachusetts, which has 13,547 people. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest rating. In fact, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 25 best facilities in Massachusetts. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category scores, which appear to be just as strong as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Timothy Daniels House
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
84 Elm Street,
Holliston MA 01746
75.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 95.04951 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Timothy Daniels House?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this nursing home was given an elite score of A in our short-term care area. Our short-term care scores are important for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned a score of A. This rounded out a straight A report card for this facility. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Timothy Daniels House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Timothy Daniels House, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Timothy Daniels House, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Timothy Daniels House, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that had UTI's. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Timothy Daniels House, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Timothy Daniels House, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Timothy Daniels House, 2.48% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Timothy Daniels House, 91.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Timothy Daniels House, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Timothy Daniels House, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Timothy Daniels House, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Timothy Daniels House, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Timothy Daniels House, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 10.12 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.31 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham5.97 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley7.16 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis10.88 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough11.77 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)12.17 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Wellesley Dialysis12.2 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket13.31 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)16.76 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886