The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge is one of several available nursing homes you can choose from in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Featuring an overall score of B-, this appears to be a decent facility. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Baton Rouge. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
14333 Old Hammond Hwy.,
Baton Rouge LA 70816
60.38% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A+. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a strong score in long-term care. This facility earned a B in this category, which is one of our more impressive grades. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 93.11475 percent of its residents. This is slightly less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the road score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. Our short-term care grades are presumably most critical for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Switching gears to the next area, we gave this facility a grade of D for our nursing category. This is the nursing home's weakest category rating. Sadly, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. Our nursing score analyzes many data points, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. With only 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 2.69% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 22.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 1.51% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 85.51% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 19.03% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 13.75% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 2.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 13.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Woodleigh of Baton Rouge, 67.8% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Baton Rouge, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baton Rouge, Louisiana has 10 other nursing homes
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- St James Behavioral Health Hospital, IncPsychiatric 17.42 miles away3136 South St Landry Road Gonzales Louisiana 70737Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 647-7524
- Fkc - O'neal Lane1.09 miles away1280 O'neal Lane Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 272-2212
- Davita - East Baton Rouge1.14 miles away1333 Oneal Ln Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Dialysis Stations: 16 (225) 226-1444
- Fmcna - Baton Rouge4.32 miles away524 Colonial Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 927-3311
- Fmcna - Denham Springs4.95 miles away137 Veterans Blvd Denham Springs Louisiana 70726Dialysis Stations: 19 (225) 665-2796
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre5.07 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Fmcna - Mancuso5.7 miles away4848 Mancuso Ln, Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 766-6773
- Fmcna - Greater Baton Rouge Home Program5.97 miles away5399 Mancuso Lane Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809Dialysis Stations: 15 (225) 819-2036
- Fkc - j.h. Lee Kidney Center6.05 miles away5348 Flanders Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 766-3761