The Woodlands Healthcare Center is in the large metropolitan area of Spring, Texas which has a population of 316,665 people. Our rating system was not kind to this facility, as it received an overall rating of F. Keep in mind that Spring received a city grade of B-, so should look at other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Woodlands Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4650 S Panther Creek Dr,
Spring TX 77381
61.82% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare terribly in the area of long-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of C in that area, which wound up being among its better grades. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.04878 percent of its residents. Finally, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this place had 3.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Although this figure is somewhat concerning, this number can be skewed for some nursing homes based on the medical complexity of patients.
Does this page answer your questions about The Woodlands Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this facility an F in the category of short-term care. Short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. With a score this poor for this area, we weren't shocked to discover this place was below average in two of the key staffing areas we assess. The nursing home offered substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 48 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these relatively poor statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home really did not fare very well in this category either. With an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is really as terrible as it gets. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our score in this area. This nursing home offered a meager 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. To pair with its subpar totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this place also didn't perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in calculating our nursing ratings. We looked at the percentage of patients sustaining pressure ulcers and major falls. This facility had more falls and pressure ulcers than the average nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Woodlands Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 4.7% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 95.06% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Woodlands Healthcare Center, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Spring, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Spring, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- Hca Houston Healthcare ConroeAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away504 Medical Center Blvd Conroe Texas 77304Proprietary(936) 539-1111
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 10.4 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center3.13 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- Cypress Creek Dialysis3.18 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.3.44 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- College Park Dialysis3.9 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC6.7 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.7.17 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC7.32 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- River Park Dialysis8.37 miles away2010 South Loop 336 West Suite 200 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 12 (936) 760-3333