The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a very-large nursing home located in Spring, Texas. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a subpar nursing home. Keep in mind that Spring received a city grade of B-, so should look at some other options in the city as well. In spite of all this, this nursing home did just fine in our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
4650 S Panther Creek Dr,
Spring TX 77381
67.1% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent score in the area of inspections, where it received an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable score is long-term care, but it nevertheless received just a D in that area. This is still a relatively poor grade. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.327354 percent of its patients, which is an above average percentage. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, this facility received an F for its short-term care score. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.1 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Moving on to our final category, this nursing home really didn't fare well here either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in nursing, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients that had falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Woodlands Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- Hca Houston Healthcare ConroeAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away504 Medical Center Blvd Conroe Texas 77304Proprietary(936) 539-1111
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 10.4 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center3.13 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- Cypress Creek Dialysis3.18 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.3.44 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- College Park Dialysis3.9 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC6.7 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.7.17 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC7.32 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- River Park Dialysis8.37 miles away2010 South Loop 336 West Suite 200 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 12 (936) 760-3333