The Willows at Fritz Farm is in Lexington, Kentucky, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. Sporting an overall rating of A, this nursing home is one of the highest graded facilities in Lexington, which features some very good facilities. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. Headlining this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
The Willows at Fritz Farm
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2710 Man O' War Boulevard,
Lexington KY 40515
89.07% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility has received near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received quality marks in the area of short-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our highest grades in that area with a score of A+. Short-term care ratings are critical for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This facility elevated its score in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its patients than the typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. It outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the nation in this area with 68.4 percent of its residents returning home. This is a substantially higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about The Willows at Fritz Farm?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. There are quite a few factors included in this category. Most of the criteria are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Approximately one quarter of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. These are both impressive figures, which typically corresponds with quality care. Finally, this facility also performed well in several of the quality-based metrics we looked at. By way of illustration, in terms of the number of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, this place performed better than the national average. This is typically an indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented with better nursing care and having a policy of regularly turning residents to avoid bed sores.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was long-term care. We awarded this facility a solid score in this category, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't on par with several of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. Our long-term care ratings are more meaningful for residents requiring more conventional assistance related to personal care. In addition to providing above average levels of nursing care, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This figure is higher than many nursing homes. This combination proved to be effective as this place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.84 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Willows at Fritz Farm Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 9.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 2.7% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 15.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 28.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 7.9% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 91.16% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 15.59% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 21.85% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 21.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Willows at Fritz Farm, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Lexington, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lexington, Kentucky has 12 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 11.42 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.64 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest2.21 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Dci - South Lexington2.22 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training3.07 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program5.24 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis5.46 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis6.73 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East6.92 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Fmc - Nicholasville Dialysis7.09 miles away115 Orchard Place Dr. Nicholasville Kentucky 40356Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 881-0332