The Waters of West Dixon turns out to be one of many options to choose from in Little Rock, Arkansas. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is a middle of the pack facility. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. Finally, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we'll have to see if that has any effect on its grades in the coming year.
The Waters of West Dixon
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Waters of West Dixon has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that The Waters of West Dixon has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B-. Our nursing score is based on a handful of factors, but the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about The Waters of West Dixon?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the pack grade in the area of short-term care, with a C. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most important for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this also impacted quality of care. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in that category. Our long-term care ratings are more important for folks requiring more traditional assistance related to personal care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 5.83 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 11.92 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Davita - South Little Rock3.44 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis5.38 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Fmcna - East Little Rock6.27 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis6.99 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC7.25 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC7.46 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis7.94 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis8.2 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890