The Blossoms Rehab & Nursing Center at Cumberland is an average-sized nursing home located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is likely a decent facility. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. Lastly, this facility had an ownership change in the last year, so we will need to take a closer look to see how new ownership affects this facility's performance measures.
The Blossoms Rehab & Nursing Center at Cumberland
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Blossoms Rehab & Nursing Center at Cumberland has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that The Blossoms Rehab & Nursing Center at Cumberland has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
This facility's best category grade came in the category of government inspections. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about The Blossoms Rehab & Nursing Center at Cumberland?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the road score in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is considered to be a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final area is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a C in that area. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. It doesn't look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 1.34 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 7.7 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis1.5 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Fmcna - East Little Rock3.55 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - North Little Rock Dialysis Ctr4.84 miles away4505 E Mccain Blvd North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 945-2323
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis4.86 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis5.79 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC5.82 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC5.87 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis6.14 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123