The Vineyards Healthcare Center is one of only three available facilities located in Livermore, California. Featuring an overall score of B-, this looks like a middle of the pack nursing home. You could certainly do worse than this nursing home. This place is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Vineyards Healthcare Center
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
76 Fenton Street,
Livermore CA 94550
93.49% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for The Vineyards Healthcare Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a favorable score in long-term care. This facility earned a B in this area, which turns out to be one of our higher scores. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. We want to point out that we seem to be missing some data on this facility's long-term care metrics, but we were satisfied with the data we found.
Does this page answer your questions about The Vineyards Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. In determining these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. When we looked at this facility's physical therapist hours, we found it offered more hours of physical therapy per day to its residents than most nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually below the national average.
The last category we looked at was nursing. This nursing home was given a C for this category. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. Based on the CMS data, this nursing home offers 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed a few nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these statistics. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.92 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 13.52 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.9 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.39 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Livermore Dialysis Center2.9 miles away3201 Doolan Road Suite 175 Livermore California 94551CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 245-9780
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center8.14 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Davita Fremont Dialysis13.4 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC13.46 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont13.53 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Union City Dialysis Center14.49 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Fmc Ardenwood15.89 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Hayward15.96 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743