The Villages of St Peters is a large nursing home located in Saint Peters, Missouri. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This nursing home has some things going for it. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
The Villages of St Peters
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
5400 Executive Centre Parkway,
Saint Peters MO 63376
81.23% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, this place was hit with a category L deficiency, which is unexpected given its inspection grade. These are the most concerning deficiencies. This category indicates CMS found a widespread deficiency placing resident health or safety in imminent danger. Any serious deficiency is a major concern. In spite of this major red flag, other aspects of this facility's inspection report gave us some hope.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed well in the area of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that area, which is one of our most impressive grades. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This proved to be a real strength for this facility. It outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the nation in this area with 61 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about The Villages of St Peters?
An additional reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing score is based on numerous datapoints. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides an impressive 4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, this place also performed well in several of the quality measures we assessed. In terms of the percentage of its residents suffering falls which lead to major injury, this nursing home performed better than the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area is long-term care, which is the last area we assessed. For this category, we awarded this facility a grade of just D. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to providing respectable levels of nursing care and other staffing, this facility gave the pneumonia vaccine to 96.82997 percent of its patients. These scores are clearly more favorable than several of its other data points in this category. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.69 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Villages of St Peters Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Villages of St Peters, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Villages of St Peters, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Villages of St Peters, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Villages of St Peters, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Villages of St Peters, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Villages of St Peters, 4.04% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Villages of St Peters, 89.97% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Villages of St Peters, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Villages of St Peters, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Villages of St Peters, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Villages of St Peters, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Villages of St Peters, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Villages of St Peters, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- St Peters Dialysis0.51 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Saint Charles County Dialysis1.67 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis1.84 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Villa of Waterbury7.84 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon7.84 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Fmc - Bridgeton9.56 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- Lake St Louis Dialysis10.25 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Lake St Louis at Home10.25 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460