The Villages of Jackson Creek is an average-sized facility in Independence, Missouri. This facility is ranked among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. It was given one of the most impressive grades we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
The Villages of Jackson Creek
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its fine assessment, this facility also received an excellent long-term care grade, with a grade of A. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 88.364784 percent of its patients. This is a few points below what we anticipated. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Villages of Jackson Creek?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. The nursing rating considers many datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we analyzed, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility completed a very favorable report card. In determining our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is frequently a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Villages of Jackson Creek Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffered a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which had a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 4.11% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 88.89% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Villages of Jackson Creek, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Independence, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Independence, Missouri has 8 other nursing homes
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 12.35 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 12.47 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Eastland Dialysis0.64 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Fmc - Centerpoint4.22 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559
- Fmc - Blue Springs5.63 miles away505 Ne Adams Dairy Parkway Suite B Blue Springs Missouri 64014CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (816) 229-2400
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown5.67 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Independence Dialysis Center6.53 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center7.18 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis7.64 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit9.18 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711