The Village at Richardson is a very-large nursing home located in Richardson, Texas. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Richardson. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Village at Richardson
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Richardson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility one of our better scores in long-term care, with an impressive grade of A-. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Richardson?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. There are several datapoints included in this category. Many of the subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below average. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed well in this subcategory.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category was short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. In this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for those in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Richardson Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village at Richardson, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village at Richardson, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village at Richardson, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village at Richardson, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village at Richardson, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village at Richardson, 4.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village at Richardson, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village at Richardson, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village at Richardson, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village at Richardson, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson1.28 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Collin County Dialysis Center3.69 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.8 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Fmc of West Plano4.17 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Dallas North Dialysis Center4.2 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Davita Preston Dialysis4.32 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC4.38 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC4.5 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991