The Village at Gleannloch Farms is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Spring, Texas. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is clearly a superb nursing home. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong with this place. This facility also received impressive ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Village at Gleannloch Farms
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Spring, Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Spring, Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a high-end short-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's second most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Short-term care grades are crucial for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village at Gleannloch Farms?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weighed the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this nursing home was awarded a very strong long-term care grade. We gave it a grade of A- in that category, rounding out a straight A profile. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village at Gleannloch Farms Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village at Gleannloch Farms, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Spring, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Spring, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 7.74 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Vintage Dialysis3.89 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc4.39 miles away13730 Alice Rd Ste D Tomball Texas 77377Dialysis Stations: 17 (832) 639-0170
- Tomball Dialysis Center5.11 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC5.65 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Dialyspa Vintage Park6.23 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Willowbrook Dialysis6.86 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC6.98 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269
- Romano Woods Dialysis Center7.13 miles away16910 Mathis Church Road Houston Texas 77090Dialysis Stations: 30 (281) 893-6300