The Villa at Osseo is a nursing home in Osseo, Minnesota. This city has a total of 65,312 people. This is a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This nursing home definitely has plenty of good features. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
The Villa at Osseo
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. Short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of A-. Our short-term care scores are vital for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. There are a host of criteria within this grade. Many of the factors relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Villa at Osseo?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth area, we gave this nursing home a D in our long-term care category. This was the nursing home's weakest category grade. Unfortunately, this category hurt the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 96.32653 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Villa at Osseo Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Villa at Osseo, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Villa at Osseo, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Villa at Osseo, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Villa at Osseo, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Villa at Osseo, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Villa at Osseo, 4.58% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Villa at Osseo, 93.31% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Villa at Osseo, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Villa at Osseo, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Villa at Osseo, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Villa at Osseo, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Villa at Osseo, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Villa at Osseo, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 12.71 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita2.77 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- Fresenius Medical Care - Champlin3.97 miles away12339 Champlin Dr Champlin Minnesota 55316Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 421-1032
- Davita - New Hope4.04 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis4.13 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- Fmc - Round Lake Dialysis4.9 miles away3777 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Ste 120 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 323-1234
- Coon Rapids Dialysis of Davita4.95 miles away3960 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 309 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 421-8717
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban6.08 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis6.48 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759