The Tcu at Nazareth Hospital is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has 1,526,206 people. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly a top-shelf facility. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which is a positive for prospective residents with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. If you look further down this page, you will see this facility's category grades, which look to be just as strong as its overall score.
The Tcu at Nazareth Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This score is based on the place's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the biggest complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Tcu at Nazareth Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is long-term care. Adding to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a of A for that category. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home was given an extremely favorable nursing rating. We awarded it a grade of A- in this category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. The nursing rating includes a host of factors. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Tcu at Nazareth Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Tcu at Nazareth Hospital, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Tcu at Nazareth Hospital, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Philadelphia, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has 48 other nursing homes
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 5.64 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Temple University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 707-2000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nazareth0.04 miles away2601 Holme Avenue Ground Floor, Marion Building Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 335-0668
- Davita Cottman Kidney Center1.46 miles away7198 Castor Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 745-4060
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center1.66 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Isd Renal, Inc2.03 miles away6501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 6581 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 288-4671
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC2.23 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.32 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center2.48 miles away518 Knorr Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 745-4859
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Northeast Philadelphia2.9 miles away900 East Howell Street, Suite A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19149Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 831-6170