The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center is a very-small non-profit facility in Littleton, Colorado. After receiving an overall rating of A, this facility is among the most impressive nursing homes we found. Impressively, this grade is better than the city grade of A- in Littleton, which is one of the higher rated cities in Colorado. This also wound up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most meaningful for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This facility has earned near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an A- in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, this facility was awarded first-rate long-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A- in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 94.91525 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we graded was nursing, where this facility was given a grade of A-. This wrapped up an elite report card. Few facilities received an A- or better in every single category. Our nursing rating assesses quite a few factors, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who had urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 3.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 85.7% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Suites at Holly Creek Care Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.17 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)3.69 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)4.12 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)4.84 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)5.3 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)5.38 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.74 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)7.27 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)8.01 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911