The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in Valhalla, New York. This is an A+ facility, which is our top grade. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are just impeccable. We also gave this facility strong scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
95 Bradhurst Ave,
Valhalla NY 10595
96.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was superb in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of offering elite levels of nursing care and other staffing, this nursing home gave the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing score includes several components, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 7.9 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This was one of the better totals we found. Furthermore, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to offering impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in New York in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded an A. This wrapped up a very favorable profile. Few facilities received an A- or higher in each of our categories. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. This place excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 13.02% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Steven and Alexandra Cohen Ped L T C Pavilion, 92.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.4 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst0.81 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center2.98 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center3.52 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center4.42 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center5.92 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC7.33 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Davita Yonkers East Dialysis Center9.79 miles away5 Odell Plaza Suite 131 Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (914) 376-0296
- Rockland County Dialysis11.28 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590