The Springs of Mooresville is a facility in Mooresville, Indiana, a city with a total of 23,053 people. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this looks like a strong nursing home. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Springs of Mooresville
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Mooresville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mooresville, Indiana Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Mooresville, Indiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Mooresville, Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this place an A+ for inspections. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in the area of long-term care. In fact, we gave it a score of A for that area, which happens to be one of our highest scores. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs of Mooresville?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The last category we scored is nursing. In this category, we awarded this facility a solid grade of C. This actually ended up being this nursing home's weakest category. Nursing scores are tied to nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs of Mooresville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Springs of Mooresville, 2.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Springs of Mooresville, 4.85% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Springs of Mooresville, 1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Springs of Mooresville, 6.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Springs of Mooresville, 21.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Springs of Mooresville, 18.48% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs of Mooresville, 100% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Springs of Mooresville, 22.47% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Springs of Mooresville, 23.6% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In The Springs of Mooresville, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Springs of Mooresville, 23.6% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs of Mooresville, 9.13% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs of Mooresville, 72.45% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.62 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.25 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.07 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Davita - Plainfield5.72 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Avon Dialysis10.71 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South11.81 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West12.45 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC12.61 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Indiana Dialysis Company12.63 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Fmc - Hendricks County12.84 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Fmc - Morgan County13.06 miles away2084 Hospital Drive Martinsville Indiana 46151Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 349-9429