The Springs at Stony Brook is located in the large metropolitan area of Louisville, Kentucky. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best ratings we offer. Even with Louisville having 23 nursing homes to choose from, this one stands out as a fine choice. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Springs at Stony Brook
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
2200 Stony Brook Drive,
Louisville KY 40220
94.09% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. This was one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+'s. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. We were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs at Stony Brook?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, this nursing home received a strong long-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A- in this area. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 90.10989 percent of its patients. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- in that area. This rounded out a straight A report card. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs at Stony Brook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who have suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 8.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 89.41% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs at Stony Brook, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 3.62 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 9.84 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 13.9 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Davita - Meadows East0.93 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Fmc - Suburban2.22 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies2.39 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis2.87 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC3.21 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis4.48 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- University Kidney Center - Broadway4.5 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - East Louisville5.96 miles away6455 Bardstown Road Louisville Kentucky 40291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 239-8221