The Springs at Pacific Regent is a nursing home located in Bellevue, Washington, which has a total of 131,324 people. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is undoubtedly a superb facility. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top five facilities in Washington. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category ratings, which appear to be equally impressive as its overall grade.
The Springs at Pacific Regent
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. In forming these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing score is mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs at Pacific Regent?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this facility was awarded an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Lastly, this nursing home also earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best scores in that area, with a grade of A. Few facilities can boast of receiving an A- or better in every category. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs at Pacific Regent Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs at Pacific Regent, 93.98% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs at Pacific Regent, 11.24 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs at Pacific Regent, 74.06% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 5.21 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Nkc Lake Washington Kidney Center0.41 miles away1474 112th Ave Ne, Suite 100 Bellevue Washington 98004Dialysis Stations: 18 (425) 454-0067
- Bellevue Dialysis Center3.1 miles away3535 Factoria Blvd Se #150 Bellevue Washington 98006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (425) 641-6514
- Olympic View Dialysis Center4.5 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis4.54 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center5.53 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center5.77 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center5.87 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center6.21 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785