The Springs at Monarch Landing is an average-sized nursing home located in Naperville, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of A+. In fact, this proved to be the number one rated nursing home in the city. This is really as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. As you will find below, this place performed equally well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
The Springs at Monarch Landing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a strong overall score, we gave this place an A+ for inspections. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was superb in our short-term care rating. We gave them a dominant grade of A+ in this area. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Springs at Monarch Landing?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. The nursing score features a host of factors. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care grade. We gave it a grade of A- in that area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Springs at Monarch Landing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Springs at Monarch Landing, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Naperville, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Naperville, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 13.81 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center3.27 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Dupage West3.49 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Fkc - East Aurora4.87 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd6.51 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center6.62 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center6.83 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Naperbrook7.25 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Davita - Geneva Crossings7.27 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086