The Rosewood Health Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is our top rating. This is just about as good of a facility as you're going to find. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
The Rosewood Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Raleigh, North Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Raleigh, North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rosewood Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this high end facility also dominated in the area of long-term care. In this area, it received a A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this area. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.34211 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also received a very strong short-term care rating, with an A-. This finished off a rare straight A profile. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rosewood Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rosewood Health Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rosewood Health Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents which experienced falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rosewood Health Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rosewood Health Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rosewood Health Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rosewood Health Center, 3.01% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rosewood Health Center, 87.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rosewood Health Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rosewood Health Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Rosewood Health Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rosewood Health Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rosewood Health Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Raleigh, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Raleigh, North Carolina has 11 other nursing homes
- Duke Health Raleigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away3400 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27609Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 954-3000
- Rex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh North Carolina 27607Government - State(919) 784-3100
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away3000 New Bern Ave Raleigh North Carolina 27610Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-8000
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away1900 Kildare Farm Road Cary North Carolina 27518Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-2550
- Duke Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away3643 N Roxboro Street Durham North Carolina 27704Government - Local(919) 470-4000
- Central Regional HospitalPsychiatric 17.86 miles away300 Veazy Rd Butner North Carolina 27509Voluntary non-profit - Church(919) 764-2000
- Fms Six Forks Dialysis Clinic3.71 miles away3411 West Millbrook Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27613CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (919) 781-8974
- Fmc Wake Dialysis Clinic3.78 miles away3604 Bush Street Raleigh North Carolina 27609CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (919) 876-7501
- Oak City Dialysis5.28 miles away3645 Trust Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27616Dialysis Stations: 10 (919) 876-6827
- Fresenius Medical Care Northern Wake7.01 miles away2700 Leighton Ridge Drive Wake Forest North Carolina 27587Dialysis Stations: 16 (919) 554-2359
- Wake Forest Dialysis Center7.29 miles away11001 Ingleside Place Raleigh North Carolina 27614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (919) 556-0968
- Fresenius Medical Care Central Raleigh7.62 miles away802 Semart Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (919) 832-2644
- Raleigh Dialysis Clinic Inc8.48 miles away3943 New Bern Ave, Suite 100 Raleigh North Carolina 27610CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (919) 231-3146
- Total Renal Care, Inc.10.37 miles away4021 Stirrup Creek Drive, Suite 400 Durham North Carolina 27703Dialysis Stations: 10 (919) 206-4606