The Rosewood Health Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is our top rating. This is just about as good of a facility as you're going to find. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
The Rosewood Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rosewood Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this high end facility also dominated in the area of short-term care. In this area, it received a A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this area. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was awarded a strong long-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it an A in that category, rounding out a straight A profile. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.3007 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rosewood Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rosewood Health Center, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rosewood Health Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rosewood Health Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rosewood Health Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rosewood Health Center, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rosewood Health Center, 2.92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rosewood Health Center, 88.16% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rosewood Health Center, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rosewood Health Center, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In The Rosewood Health Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rosewood Health Center, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rosewood Health Center, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Raleigh, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Raleigh, North Carolina has 11 other nursing homes
- Duke Health Raleigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away3400 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27609Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 954-3000
- Rex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh North Carolina 27607Government - State(919) 784-3100
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away3000 New Bern Ave Raleigh North Carolina 27610Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-8000
- WakemedAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away1900 Kildare Farm Road Cary North Carolina 27518Voluntary non-profit - Private(919) 350-2550
- Duke Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away3643 N Roxboro Street Durham North Carolina 27704Government - Local(919) 470-4000
- Central Regional HospitalPsychiatric 17.86 miles away300 Veazy Rd Butner North Carolina 27509Voluntary non-profit - Church(919) 764-2000
- Fms Six Forks Dialysis Clinic3.71 miles away3411 West Millbrook Rd Raleigh North Carolina 27613CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (919) 781-8974
- Fmc Wake Dialysis Clinic3.78 miles away3604 Bush Street Raleigh North Carolina 27609CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (919) 876-7501
- Oak City Dialysis5.28 miles away3645 Trust Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27616Dialysis Stations: 10 (919) 876-6827
- Fresenius Medical Care Northern Wake7.01 miles away2700 Leighton Ridge Drive Wake Forest North Carolina 27587Dialysis Stations: 16 (919) 554-2359
- Wake Forest Dialysis Center7.29 miles away11001 Ingleside Place Raleigh North Carolina 27614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (919) 556-0968
- Fresenius Medical Care Central Raleigh7.62 miles away802 Semart Drive Raleigh North Carolina 27604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (919) 832-2644
- Raleigh Dialysis Clinic Inc8.48 miles away3943 New Bern Ave, Suite 100 Raleigh North Carolina 27610CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (919) 231-3146
- Total Renal Care, Inc.10.37 miles away4021 Stirrup Creek Drive, Suite 400 Durham North Carolina 27703Dialysis Stations: 10 (919) 206-4606