The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home in Waterbury, Connecticut. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Waterbury senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that area, with an A-. This is a much better score than the place's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this facility. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without having complete deficiency data, it is a challenge to fully evaluate this nursing home in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a grade of B+ in our short-term care category. This is one of our more favorable scores. In computing these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center?
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. The nursing rating weighs a number of factors. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility didn't perform well. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is its weakest area. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 93.650795 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 17.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 0.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who have had a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 39.39% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 53.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 93.63% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 17.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 4.88% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 4.88% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 10.63% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rosegarden Health & Rehab Center, 27.32% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Waterbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away64 Robbins St Waterbury Connecticut 06721Proprietary(203) 573-6000
- Midstate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away435 Lewis Avenue Meriden Connecticut 06450Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 694-8200
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Middlesex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.42 miles away28 Crescent St Middletown Connecticut 06457Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 344-6000
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.67 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- Charlotte Hungerford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away540 Litchfield St Torrington Connecticut 06790Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 496-6666
- Davita Waterbury Dialysis Center0.89 miles away150 Mattatuck Heights Waterbury Connecticut 06705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 419-0488
- Davita Greater Waterbury Dialysis4.6 miles away209 Highland Avenue Waterbury Connecticut 06708CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (203) 574-7933
- Fresenius Medical Care of Southington5.31 miles away341 West Street Plantsville Connecticut 06479Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 621-3557
- Fmc Dialysis Services Forestville9.04 miles away135 Middle Street Bristol Connecticut 06010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (860) 584-2155
- Wallingford Dialysis Care LLC9.33 miles away720 N Main Street Ext Suite 3 Wallingford Connecticut 06492Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 265-0667
- Comprehensive Dialysis Care LLC10.26 miles away61 Pomeroy Ave. Building A Meriden Connecticut 06450Dialysis Stations: 14 (203) 238-1962
- Central Ct Dialysis Center10.38 miles away377 Research Parkway Meriden Connecticut 06450Dialysis Stations: 23 (203) 639-2880
- North Haven Dialysis Center10.43 miles away266 State Street Suite 2 North Haven Connecticut 06473Dialysis Stations: 15 (203) 230-1946