The Retreat at the Stratford is one of seven available facilities in Carmel, Indiana. This facility is one of the top facilities we looked at. Receiving an A+ in our grading scheme requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as one of the three highest graded nursing homes in Carmel. If you look further down this page, you will see this facility's category ratings, which are just as strong as its overall rating.
The Retreat at the Stratford
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2460 Glebe St,
Carmel IN 46032
74.44% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Carmel, Indiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Carmel, Indiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Carmel, Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing score assesses a handful of datapoints, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more often.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Retreat at the Stratford?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, we gave this nursing home a score of A for our long-term care rating. This is a superb rating. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 84.84849 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, this facility received a very strong short-term care grade. We awarded it a grade of A- in this category, giving this facility straight A's. In our short-term care rating, we seek to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Retreat at the Stratford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 12.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 91.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Retreat at the Stratford, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Carmel, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Carmel, Indiana has 6 other nursing homes
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.42 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Fmc - Carmel2.36 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC2.42 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC3.9 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living4.26 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis4.29 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North4.41 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis4.65 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center7.68 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667