The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Dallas, Texas with a total of 1,263,321 people. This facility appears to be ranked among the higher-rated facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires very strong scores across the board. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4200 Live Oak St,
Dallas TX 75204
47.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home also excelled in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for this area. Inspection ratings are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize the fact that this nursing home was awarded a first-rate score of A in our short-term care area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this facility was given a strong long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last category we scored is nursing. We gave this nursing home a decent grade in this area, with a grade of B-. Even though this wasn't as dominant as some of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a major area of concern. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few subcategories, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provides only 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this metric. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rehabilitation & Wellness Centre of Dallas, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.46 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.62 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 3.46 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Davita Downtown Dallas Dialysis0.37 miles away3515 Swiss Ave, Suite A Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 828-2280
- Davita Lower Greenville Dialysis0.37 miles away4405 Ross Ave Dallas Texas 75204Dialysis Stations: 25 (214) 828-8017
- Gadc, LLC0.45 miles away3417 Gaston Avenue Suite 180 Dallas Texas 75246Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 232-1730
- Swiss Avenue Dialysis Center0.89 miles away2613 Swiss Ave Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (214) 827-9854
- Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit3.44 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Dialysis Stations: 19 (214) 456-7730
- Lake Cliff Dialysis Center4 miles away805 N. Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 942-7727
- Fmc of Forest Park4.06 miles away6010 Forest Park, Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (214) 351-2833
- Village Ii Dialysis Center4.82 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690