The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills is located in Los Angeles, California. This city is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a total of 2,378,448 people. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. In fact, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rank it ahead of the majority of the nursing homes in Los Angeles. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
580 South San Vicente Blvd.,
Los Angeles CA 90048
70.33% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Meal Delivery
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home excelled in the category of short-term care, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are important for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A-. The nursing score includes numerous datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this nursing home has earned respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care. We gave it a C in that category. This is a fair grade in this category. With our long-term care assessment, we assess the sheer volume of care provided by a facility, along with a handful of qualitative metrics. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rehabilitation Centre of Beverly Hills, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.74 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.13 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.15 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center0.15 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.16 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center0.76 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis0.77 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis1.53 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.21 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles2.66 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City3.2 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500