The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo is a small nursing home located in Phoenix, Arizona. This nursing home received a first-rate overall score of A-, making it one of the best facilities in the city. This really is impressive since the city offers plenty of very solid nursing homes. Even in a city of 11 other nursing homes, this nursing home is a great option. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Phoenix senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received an excellent short-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that area. Our short-term care grades are arguably most meaningful for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received an A-. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a B-. This ended up being this facility's weakest area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 91.72414 percent of its residents. This is somewhat below what we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 3.74% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 74.57% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Rehabilitation Center at the Palazzo, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 6.38 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)2.67 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763
- Central Phx Dialysis (Fmc)2.98 miles away3421 N 7th Ave Phoenix Arizona 85013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 274-2293
- Maryvale Dialysis (Fmc)3.98 miles away4502 W Indian School Rd Ste a4-11 Phoenix Arizona 85031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (623) 247-0695
- Brookwood Dialysis Clinic (Dva)4.03 miles away8910 N 43rd Ave Ste 107 Glendale Arizona 85302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (623) 937-2735
- Glendale Family Health Center - Dialysis4.1 miles away5141 W Lamar Rd Glendale Arizona 85301Dialysis Stations: 8 (623) 344-6781
- Fmc-Glendale Town Center4.84 miles away4407 West Peoria Ave Glendale Arizona 85302Dialysis Stations: 25 (623) 934-9091
- Evergreen Park Dialysis4.89 miles away926 E Mc Dowell Rd Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85006Dialysis Stations: 20 (602) 252-1418
- Phoenix Childrens Hospital- Dialysis Center4.96 miles away1920 E Cambridge Rd Ste 102 Phoenix Arizona 85016Dialysis Stations: 6 (602) 933-3220