The Recovery Inn an Eduro Healthcare Community is a nursing home located in Appleton, Wisconsin, which has a total of 116,633 people. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this facility is among the highest-rated facilities we looked at. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percent of all facilities in the United States. We also gave this nursing home strong scores in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Recovery Inn an Eduro Healthcare Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its impressive assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Recovery Inn an Eduro Healthcare Community?
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given a dominant score of A in our long-term care category. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final area we looked at is nursing, where this nursing home was awarded an A. This topped off a first-rate profile. Only a select few facilities earned an A- or higher in every single category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Recovery Inn an Eduro Healthcare Community Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Recovery Inn an Eduro Healthcare Community, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Appleton, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Appleton, Wisconsin has 4 other nursing homes
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Appleton IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away1818 N Meade St Appleton Wisconsin 54911Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 731-4101
- Ascension Ne Wisconsin - St Elizabeth CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away1506 S Oneida St Appleton Wisconsin 54915Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 738-2000
- Thedacare Regional Medical Center - Neenah IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away130 2nd St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 729-3100
- Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin Fox ValleyChildrens 8.69 miles away130 Second St Neenah Wisconsin 54956Voluntary non-profit - Other(920) 969-7900
- Thedacare Medical Center New LondonCritical Access Hospitals 18.68 miles away1405 Mill St New London Wisconsin 54961Voluntary non-profit - Private(920) 531-2000
- Fmc Dialysis - Appleton1.96 miles away2701 N Oneida St, Ste E Appleton Wisconsin 54911CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (920) 997-8600
- Fmc - Kaukauna5.54 miles away2259 Progress Way Kaukauna Wisconsin 54130Dialysis Stations: 12 (920) 759-4540
- Fmc - Neenah8.72 miles away300 N Commercial St, Ste 100 Neenah Wisconsin 54956CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (920) 725-7861