Santa Marta is a small non-profit nursing home located in Olathe, Kansas. This nursing home is an A+ facility, which is the highest rating that we offer. Based on our assessment, this facility is simply as good as it gets. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category scores, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kansas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.87234 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Marta?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In computing a facility's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses are with patients and the level of licensure of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care, where this facility received an A. This finished off a very favorable report card. Not many nursing homes received an A- or better in all four categories. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Santa Marta Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Santa Marta, 7.05% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Santa Marta, 5.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which sustained falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Santa Marta, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Santa Marta, 17.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Santa Marta, 22.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Santa Marta, 5.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Santa Marta, 91.04% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Santa Marta, 16.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Santa Marta, 19.61% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Santa Marta, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Santa Marta, 19.61 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Santa Marta, 10.57 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Santa Marta, 74.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Olathe, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Olathe, Kansas has 8 other nursing homes
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 1.74 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.15 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.97 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis1.25 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Fkc - Lenexa2.17 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis2.41 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Lenexa Dialysis4.29 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Johnson County Dialysis4.39 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood4.53 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Nall Dialysis5.35 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Olathe Dialysis5.82 miles away732 W Frontier Lane Olathe Kansas 66061CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 390-4937