The Plaza at Richardson is a large nursing home located in Richardson, Texas. This facility received an overall grade of D, which is a lower end rating. If you are not satisfied with this facility's mediocre overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are five other nursing homes in Richardson. The only positive thing we can say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Plaza at Richardson
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Richardson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Even though we did not have many favorable things to say about this nursing home's overall grade, it did receive a slightly better long-term care rating of B-. This enhanced its profile to a degree. Long-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of care. This means a broad range of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.47716 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
We were also pleasantly surprised to award this facility a relatively favorable inspection rating as well. We awarded it a respectable grade of B- in this category, which was much better than its overall score. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about The Plaza at Richardson?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are critical for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Switching gears to the next category, we gave this facility a D in our nursing category. This is the nursing home's worst category rating. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This place offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. To pair with its below average total nursing hours per resident, this facility had really bad marks in some of the quality-based measures we looked at in calculating our nursing scores. For starters, we looked at the percent of residents having falls which led to major injury. This place was at more than 150 percent of the national average in this statistic. This is concerning in light of the fact that so many falls could be prevented with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the facility's fate of receiving a poor nursing rating.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Plaza at Richardson Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Plaza at Richardson, 6.02% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Plaza at Richardson, 5.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that experienced a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Plaza at Richardson, 1.1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Plaza at Richardson, 16.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Plaza at Richardson, 11.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Plaza at Richardson, 0.56% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Plaza at Richardson, 99.24% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Plaza at Richardson, 37.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Plaza at Richardson, 12.56% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Plaza at Richardson, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Plaza at Richardson, 12.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Plaza at Richardson, 17.37% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Plaza at Richardson, 46.79% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson0.44 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Collin County Dialysis Center2.99 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Plano on Custer Dialysis3.54 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.97 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Plano Dialysis Center4.35 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC4.4 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Usrc Richardson, LLC4.46 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Fmc of West Plano4.48 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656