The Peaks Care and Rehab is located in Orem, Utah, a city with a total of 88,528 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ facility, which is our very best rating. Based on our assessment, this facility is really as good as it gets. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
The Peaks Care and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Peaks Care and Rehab has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Orem, Utah Awards 2019
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We awarded them an A+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its elite achievements in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. This nursing home knocked it out of the park in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about The Peaks Care and Rehab?
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. It earned one of our best grades in that category with an A. Inspection ratings are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Switching gears to the last area, this facility received an extremely favorable nursing rating. We awarded it an A in that category, giving this facility straight A's. The nursing rating includes many data points, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Peaks Care and Rehab Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Peaks Care and Rehab, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Peaks Care and Rehab, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Orem, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orem, Utah has 3 other nursing homes
- Orem Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away331 North 400 West Orem Utah 84057Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 714-3300
- Timpanogos Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away750 West 800 North Orem Utah 84057Proprietary(801) 714-6800
- Utah Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away1034 North 500 West Provo Utah 84604Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 373-7850
- American Fork HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away170 North 1100 East American Fork Utah 84003Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 855-3305
- Utah State HospitalPsychiatric 6.23 miles away1300 East Center Street Provo Utah 84605Government - State(801) 344-4400
- Mountain View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away1000 East 100 North Payson Utah 84651Proprietary(801) 465-7100
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.68 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Heber Valley HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.93 miles away1485 South Highway 40 Heber City Utah 84032Voluntary non-profit - Private(435) 654-2500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Utah Valley0.88 miles away121 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 802-3852
- University of Utah Provo Dialysis Center4.01 miles away1675 N Freedom Blvd Ste 15 Provo Utah 84604Dialysis Stations: 14 (801) 373-0169
- Utah Valley Dialysis (Dva)4.36 miles away1055 N 500 W Ste 221 Provo Utah 84604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 373-5400
- American Fork Dialysis Center6.1 miles away1159 East 200 North Ste 150 American Fork Utah 84003Dialysis Stations: 8 (801) 763-0652
- Lone Peak Dialysis (Dva)6.94 miles away1175 E 50 S Ste 111 American Fork Utah 84003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 763-1304
- Davita Mt. Nebo Dialysis17.17 miles away555 W Sr 164 Suite 101 Salem Utah 84653Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 798-7903
- Payson Regional Dialysis19.24 miles away15 S 1000 E Ste 50 Payson Utah 84651Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 465-2060
- Fmc-Riverton LLC19.4 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990