The Peaks Care and Rehab is one of just two nursing homes in Orem, Utah. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top five percent of all facilities in the country. This is really as good of a nursing home as you'll find. Headlining this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
The Peaks Care and Rehab
Updated Aug 1, 2019 by Sara Levinsohn
370 West 500 North,
Orem UT 84057
61.25% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for The Peaks Care and Rehab has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well overall, this facility received high marks in the area of short-term care as well. As a result, it received our highest grade in that category with an A+. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. This facility is the gold standard in terms of skilled nursing staffing. The facility supplied roughly 1.5 times as many physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical nursing home. This is what we look for when grading a nursing home in this category. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Utah in this area with 74.5 percent of its patients returning home. At most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant achievements in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care score. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. This place is as good as it gets in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about The Peaks Care and Rehab?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing ratings are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 6.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This was one of the highest figures we found. Furthermore, we found that a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to offering high levels of care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any nursing home in the nation in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Lastly, this facility also earned a virtually flawless government inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few nursing homes in Utah to receive straight A's. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Peaks Care and Rehab Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Peaks Care and Rehab, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Peaks Care and Rehab, 71.32% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Orem Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.24 miles away331 North 400 West Orem Utah 84057Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 714-3300
- Timpanogos Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away750 West 800 North Orem Utah 84057Proprietary(801) 714-6800
- Utah Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away1034 North 500 West Provo Utah 84604Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 373-7850
- American Fork HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away170 North 1100 East American Fork Utah 84003Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 855-3305
- Utah State HospitalPsychiatric 6.23 miles away1300 East Center Street Provo Utah 84605Government - State(801) 344-4400
- Mountain View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away1000 East 100 North Payson Utah 84651Proprietary(801) 465-7100
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.68 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Heber Valley HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.93 miles away1485 South Highway 40 Heber City Utah 84032Voluntary non-profit - Private(435) 654-2500
- Fresenius Kidney Care Utah Valley0.88 miles away121 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 802-3852
- University of Utah Provo Dialysis Center4.01 miles away1675 N Freedom Blvd Ste 15 Provo Utah 84604Dialysis Stations: 14 (801) 373-0169
- Utah Valley Dialysis (Dva)4.36 miles away1055 N 500 W Ste 221 Provo Utah 84604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 373-5400
- American Fork Dialysis Center6.1 miles away1159 East 200 North Ste 150 American Fork Utah 84003Dialysis Stations: 8 (801) 763-0652
- Lone Peak Dialysis (Dva)6.94 miles away1175 E 50 S Ste 111 American Fork Utah 84003CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 763-1304
- Davita Mt. Nebo Dialysis17.17 miles away555 W Sr 164 Suite 101 Salem Utah 84653Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 798-7903
- Payson Regional Dialysis19.24 miles away15 S 1000 E Ste 50 Payson Utah 84651Dialysis Stations: 12 (801) 465-2060
- Fmc-Riverton LLC19.4 miles away12523 South Creek Meadow Road Suite 107 Riverton Utah 84065Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 254-6990