The Pavilion at Ocean Point is a large nursing home located in San Diego, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some solid marks. The facilities in San Diego received a city grade of B+ so this is not the only good option in the city. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
The Pavilion at Ocean Point
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Pavilion at Ocean Point has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
This facility's best category grade came in the area of inspections. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Without having complete deficiency data for this nursing home, it was difficult to assess it in terms of this category.
This facility also excelled in our nursing category, where it earned a grade of B. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. The nursing grade consists of many datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pavilion at Ocean Point?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable score in our short-term care category. We gave this facility an above average grade of B in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in our long-term care category, leaving this as its least impressive grade. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted vaccination data. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 20 other nursing homes
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.81 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlthcr CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away250 Prospect Place Coronado California 92118Proprietary(619) 435-6251
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Fmc-Hillcrest Dialysis3.27 miles away3960 Third Avenue San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 299-3900
- Ucsd Dialysis Center4.27 miles awayUcsd Dialysis Center - 200 W. Arbor Drive Dialysis Program, Mail Code 8781 San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (619) 543-5646
- Fmc-Balboa Kearny Mesa Dialysis Center5.52 miles away7927 Ostrow Street, Suite A San Diego California 92111CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (858) 571-0232
- Childrens Hospital of San Diego6.35 miles away3020 Childrens Way, Mc 5115 San Diego California 92123Dialysis Stations: 5 (858) 966-8882
- Davita-San Diego South Dialysis6.58 miles away995 Gateway Center Way, Suite 101 San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (619) 262-1960
- Fmc-Gateway Dialysis Center-East6.7 miles away720 Gateway Center Drive, Suite B San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 264-4100
- Fmc-Raven7.2 miles away499 Raven Street San Diego California 92102Dialysis Stations: 31 (619) 263-1518
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego8.06 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070