The Pavilion at Ocean Point is a large nursing home located in San Diego, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some solid marks. The facilities in San Diego received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this facility's report card is is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
The Pavilion at Ocean Point
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Pavilion at Ocean Point has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
We would like to point out that this nursing home's inspection rating exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this category, which is a quality score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. It doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Without complete information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it was a challenge to assess it in the inspections category.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it earned an B. Few places performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Pavilion at Ocean Point?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded strong short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a B. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last item we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care, leaving this as the nursing home's weakest category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. It doesn't appear that this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.38 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.81 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlthcr CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away250 Prospect Place Coronado California 92118Proprietary(619) 435-6251
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Fmc-Hillcrest Dialysis3.27 miles away3960 Third Avenue San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 299-3900
- Ucsd Dialysis Center4.27 miles awayUcsd Dialysis Center - 200 W. Arbor Drive Dialysis Program, Mail Code 8781 San Diego California 92103CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (619) 543-5646
- Fmc-Balboa Kearny Mesa Dialysis Center5.52 miles away7927 Ostrow Street, Suite A San Diego California 92111CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (858) 571-0232
- Childrens Hospital of San Diego6.35 miles away3020 Childrens Way, Mc 5115 San Diego California 92123Dialysis Stations: 5 (858) 966-8882
- Davita-San Diego South Dialysis6.58 miles away995 Gateway Center Way, Suite 101 San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (619) 262-1960
- Fmc-Gateway Dialysis Center-East6.7 miles away720 Gateway Center Drive, Suite B San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 264-4100
- Fmc-Raven7.2 miles away499 Raven Street San Diego California 92102Dialysis Stations: 31 (619) 263-1518
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego8.06 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070