The Parc at Joliet is a very-large nursing home in Joliet, Illinois. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a very poor nursing home. This nursing home doesn't seem to have much going for it. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
The Parc at Joliet
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: The Parc at Joliet has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility didn't receive any favorable scores. Its most concerning grade may be its inspection grade, where it received an F. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home had 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular place offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This number is quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Parc at Joliet?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the category of long-term care. Facilities that don't fare well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to only 57.793766 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this nursing home did not fare very well here either. Due to a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. As you might expect, we found that this place offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Parc at Joliet Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Parc at Joliet, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Parc at Joliet, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Parc at Joliet, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who had UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Parc at Joliet, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Parc at Joliet, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Parc at Joliet, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Parc at Joliet, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Parc at Joliet, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Parc at Joliet, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Parc at Joliet, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Parc at Joliet, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Parc at Joliet, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Parc at Joliet, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Joliet, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Joliet, Illinois has 8 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.15 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Morris Hospital & Healthcare CentersAcute Care Hospitals 18.79 miles away150 W High St Morris Illinois 60450Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 942-2932
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.06 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Sun Health0.16 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Davita - West Joliet1.83 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet2.92 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530
- Fmc - Joliet3.52 miles away721 East Jackson Street Joliet Illinois 60432CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (815) 726-8619
- Fmc - Plainfield5.28 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Fmc - Plainfield North7.35 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Davita - Renal Care Center New Lenox7.63 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Suite 150 New Lenox Illinois 60451CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (815) 320-3049
- Davita - New Lenox Home7.7 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Ste 465 New Lenox Illinois 60451Dialysis Stations: 3 (815) 462-3971