Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab is one of five available nursing homes located in Petaluma, California. This is a good facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Petaluma. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse places out there. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Petaluma senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility earned a much better grade for short-term care than it received overall. It received one of our best grades in that category with a score of A. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home's inspection rating exceeded its overall score as well. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with a B. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. The nursing score consists of quite a few factors, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat discouraging figure which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, ended up being this facility's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that category. This really was one of just a few dings of an otherwise impressive report card. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable percentage. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 9.22% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 4.65% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have had UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 2.72% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 11.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 10.14% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 15.6% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 15.6% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 15.53% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hillcrest Post Acute and Rehab, 88.92% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Petaluma, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Petaluma, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.69 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 17.3 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis2.33 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma2.44 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park9.56 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa15.13 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Bma Santa Rosa15.68 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Northgate Dialysis Center16.15 miles away650 Las Gallinas Road San Rafael California 94903CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (415) 444-0376
- San Rafael Dialysis18.58 miles away1415 3rd Street San Rafael California 94901Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 453-4437
- Napa Dialysis Center19.58 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938