Assisted Living La Posada is a small nursing home located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. This nursing home turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. Not surprisingly, this proved to be the best nursing home in Palm Beach Gardens. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category ratings, which are equally impressive as its overall rating.
Assisted Living La Posada
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This top notch nursing home also dominated in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this category. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most meaningful for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Assisted Living La Posada?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A- in this area. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final category we assessed was nursing, where this facility was awarded an A-. This completed a first-rate report card. Very few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in all four categories. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Assisted Living La Posada Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Assisted Living La Posada, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Assisted Living La Posada, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Assisted Living La Posada, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Assisted Living La Posada, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients which are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Assisted Living La Posada, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Assisted Living La Posada, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Assisted Living La Posada, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Assisted Living La Posada, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Assisted Living La Posada, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Assisted Living La Posada, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Palm Beach Gardens, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 6.89 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.97 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.46 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center1.23 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Jupiter Kidney Center LLC5.53 miles away1701 Military Trail #140 Jupiter Florida 33458CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 744-4661
- Coastal Dialysis Center5.59 miles away641 University Blvd #209 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 7 (561) 557-1704
- Jupiter Dialysis5.94 miles away630 Maplewood Dr Ste 200 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 748-1750
- Continental Dialysis Care6.36 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC6.41 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit6.74 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers7.92 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164