The Neighborhoods of White Lake is a senior living facility in White Lake, Michigan, which has a total of 30,135 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is among the top scores that we offer. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
The Neighborhoods of White Lake
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this facility received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best scores in this area with a grade of A. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing score is mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Michigan in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about The Neighborhoods of White Lake?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at is short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also excelled in that area. In fact, it received a grade of of A in that area. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of C. Even though this wound up being its lowest category score, this is still nothing to be ashamed of. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 91.228065 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we expected but still a decent figure. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Neighborhoods of White Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients who have suffered from UTI's. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 3.44% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 91.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.84 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.9 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.62 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita4.03 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita6.79 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis8.92 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc10.64 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis10.66 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis10.68 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita10.88 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis11.5 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954