The Neighborhoods of White Lake is a senior living facility in White Lake, Michigan, which has a total of 30,135 people. This turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system takes superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top 500 best facilities in the nation. As you will find below, this facility performed equally well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Neighborhoods of White Lake
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on White Lake senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Neighborhoods of White Lake?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing grade is based on many components, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final area, we gave this facility an A+ for our short-term care grade. This completed a very favorable profile. In forming our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Neighborhoods of White Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 3.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who had a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 23.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 99.14% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 10.2% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 16.2% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 16.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 7.65% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Neighborhoods of White Lake, 61.93% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 16.46 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.84 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.9 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.62 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita4.03 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita6.79 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis8.92 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc10.64 miles away49641 Grand River Ave Wixom Michigan 48393Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 924-3544
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis10.66 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis10.68 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Novi Dialysis Center of Davita10.88 miles away27150 Providence Pkwy Ste A Novi Michigan 48374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (248) 449-6947
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis11.5 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954