The Montebello on Academy turns out to be one of a multitude of available nursing homes at your disposal in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this facility is one of the top nursing homes we found. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be the top facility in Albuquerque. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next section.
The Montebello on Academy
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated May 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for The Montebello on Academy has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Albuquerque, New Mexico Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A+. There are a variety of criteria included in this area. Most of these datapoints are tied to staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Montebello on Academy?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we assessed, this facility was given a very favorable grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility finished off a straight A profile. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.5 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Montebello on Academy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Montebello on Academy, 8.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Montebello on Academy, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Montebello on Academy, 1.47% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Montebello on Academy, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Montebello on Academy, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Montebello on Academy, 3.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Montebello on Academy, 88.36% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Montebello on Academy, 16.72% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Montebello on Academy, 18.98% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Montebello on Academy, 18.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Montebello on Academy, 15.18 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Montebello on Academy, 65.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 17 other nursing homes
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Liberty Albuquerque Dialysis (Fmc)3.27 miles away3810 Commons Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 19 (505) 345-1224
- North Albuquerque Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.73 miles away5200 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 883-7599
- Del Norte Dialysis3.79 miles away5201 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 17 (505) 884-4820
- Albuquerque Kidney Center (Fmc)4.63 miles away11296 Lomas Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87112CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 298-5557
- Sandia Peak Dialysis5.16 miles away10410 Copper Pointe Way Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87123Dialysis Stations: 12 (505) 299-0657
- Albuquerque East (Dci)5.21 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)7.17 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)7.44 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111