The Methodist Hospital is a very-small hospital-based facility located in Houston, Texas. We gave this facility an overall score of A+ which is a very impressive overall grade. This turned out to be quite a bit better than most of the nursing homes in Houston. Houston features a slew of nursing homes, however, we question whether you will need to visit too many others. This one is a high quality option. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Methodist Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Houston, Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Houston, Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Houston, Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility also earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We were not able to locate deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility performed well in our short-term care category. We awarded them a dominant score of A+ in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Methodist Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a very strong long-term care grade. Indeed, this ended up being this nursing home's third most impressive category grade. In that area, this facility received a score of A. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the final category, this nursing home also was given a very strong nursing grade, with an A. This finished off an elusive straight A profile. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 1.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Methodist Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Methodist Hospital, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Methodist Hospital, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 0.15 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 1.21 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 1.27 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Children's Memorial Hermann Dialysis Center0.32 miles away6411 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 7 (713) 704-0093
- Texas Childrens Hospital Dialysis Unit0.39 miles away6621 Fannin Ste Wt 8-100 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 14 (832) 826-0850
- Medical Center Kidney Clinic0.8 miles away2254 Holcombe Blvd Houston Texas 77030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 797-9909
- Marsher Dialysis LLC0.98 miles away7505 S Main Suite 120 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 799-9344
- Davita-Binz Home Training1.11 miles away1213 Herman Drive, Suite 180 Houston Texas 77004Dialysis Stations: 5 (713) 529-5155
- Med Center at Home1.2 miles away7580 Fannin Street, Suite 230 Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 790-0150
- Med Center Dialysis1.32 miles away5610 Almeda Road Houston Texas 77004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 72 (713) 520-6878
- Dialyspa Medical Center, LLC.1.35 miles away2453 South Braeswood Blvd Suite 100 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 364-1800