The Manor of Farmington Hills is a large facility in Farmington, Michigan. It looks like this facility is a lower end facility. A grade in this range suggests we found some red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Farmington. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Manor of Farmington Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Farmington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that area with a B+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid facilities that had a long list of deficiencies. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We also gave this facility a strong grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. This is better than most nursing homes in this category. In computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Manor of Farmington Hills?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a D for its long-term care rating, which is not one of our better scores. For patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility gave the vaccine to 95.52239 percent of its patients, which is a very solid total. To our surprise, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. Short-term care grades are commonly used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Given its score in this area, we were not surprised to learn that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the data we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected here. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Manor of Farmington Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 7.39% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 0.75% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 0.38% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 10.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 15.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 90.01% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 21.15% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 16.8% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 16.8% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 9.17% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Manor of Farmington Hills, 76.41% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.02 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC1.14 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park2.06 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Davita - Riverwood Dialysis3.31 miles away24465 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 352-3137
- Davita - Redford3.95 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita4.03 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.31 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia4.48 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia4.93 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870