The Manor at Seagoville is a senior living facility located in Seagoville, Texas, which has a population of 18,339 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a good score. This nursing home definitely has plenty of good features. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Manor at Seagoville
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Seagoville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this place also received first-rate health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in this category, with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional quality feature for this nursing home is that it received an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about The Manor at Seagoville?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. Our nursing category is based on several subcategories, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care. For this category, we gave this facility a C. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Manor at Seagoville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Manor at Seagoville, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Manor at Seagoville, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Manor at Seagoville, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Manor at Seagoville, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Manor at Seagoville, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Manor at Seagoville, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Manor at Seagoville, 93.69% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Manor at Seagoville, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Manor at Seagoville, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Manor at Seagoville, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Manor at Seagoville, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Manor at Seagoville, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 14.17 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 14.54 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.83 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.93 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital KaufmanAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away850 Ed Hall Kaufman Texas 75142Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 932-7200
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.03 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Balch Springs Dialysis4.52 miles away12001 Elam Road Balch Springs Texas 75180CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 913-8767
- Fresenius Medical Care Balch Springs, LLC5.84 miles away2429 Hickory Tree Rd Balch Springs Texas 75180Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 329-8271
- Metro East Dialysis Center8.44 miles away909 Gross Rd Suite 200 Mesquite Texas 75149CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (972) 288-1060
- Davita Dialysis Care of Mesquite9.43 miles away2110 N Galloway Ave Ste 102 Mesquite Texas 75150Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 329-1036
- Usrc Sunnyvale, LLC9.7 miles away220 S Collins Rd Sunnyvale Texas 75182Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 201-2767
- Bma Dallas Central10.09 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Liberty Dialysis - Mesquite10.5 miles away3330 North Galloway Avenue Suite 160 Mesquite Texas 75150CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 989-4110
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center11.42 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880