Located in Fort Mill, South Carolina, Wellmore of Tega Cay is the sole nursing home we were able to find in this city. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the top grades we offer. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 50 best facilities in South Carolina. This place also received very consistent ratings in each of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Wellmore of Tega Cay
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Fort Mill, South Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Fort Mill, South Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Fort Mill, South Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This high end facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wellmore of Tega Cay?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. The nursing rating weighs quite a few datapoints, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home was awarded a very strong grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home rounded out a first-rate profile. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wellmore of Tega Cay Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 2.85% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 88.92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wellmore of Tega Cay, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Piedmont Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away222 S Herlong Ave Rock Hill South Carolina 29730Proprietary(803) 329-1234
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 16.42 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Fort Mill Dialysis1.71 miles away1975 Carolina Place Dr Fort Mill South Carolina 29708CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (803) 802-3027
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Charlotte3.45 miles away14166 Steele Creek Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28275Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 504-2667
- Fmc of Fort Mill3.87 miles away535 River Crossing Drive Fort Mill South Carolina 29715CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (803) 802-2480
- Fmc Dialysis Services of York County7.57 miles away1560 Health Care Drive Rock Hill South Carolina 29732CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (803) 328-3113
- Bma Nations Ford8.65 miles away7901 England Street Charlotte North Carolina 28273CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (704) 552-9102
- South Charlotte Dialysis9.2 miles away6450 Bannington Road Charlotte North Carolina 28226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (704) 542-9499
- Fresenius of York12.75 miles away1440 E Alexander Love Hwy York South Carolina 29745CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 684-7350
- Belmont Dialysis Center13.63 miles away5010 Medical Care Court Belmont North Carolina 28012Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 827-2931