The Legacy at Willow Bend is one of nine available facilities located in Plano, Texas. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a decent score. Plano received a city grade of B, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
The Legacy at Willow Bend
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home excelled in our short-term care category, with an A- in this area. This really propped up its overall grade. In our short-term care score, we seek to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Legacy at Willow Bend?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses spent with residents, in computing our score in this area. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that area. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Legacy at Willow Bend Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Legacy at Willow Bend, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 8 other nursing homes
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 1.62 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - CentennialAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away12505 Lebanon Road Frisco Texas 75035Voluntary non-profit - Other(972) 963-3333
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Davita West Plano Dialysis0.66 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC0.96 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Athios Dialysis, LLC2.45 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Fresenius Medical Care Willow Bend, LLC2.49 miles away6823 Communications Pkwy Bldg A Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 474-0025
- Fmc of West Plano3.08 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Renal Center of Carrollton4.08 miles away4240 International Parkway Suite 158 Carrollton Texas 75007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 306-8410
- Plano on Custer Dialysis4.13 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis5.87 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041