The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Maumelle, Arkansas. With an overall grade of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. You could definitely do worse than this nursing home. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's overall score was propped up by the fact that it has earned favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in this category, with a B. This is a much better score than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection scores are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next best category is long-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still performed somewhat badly. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 78.65854 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points lower than average. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is short-term care, which is the final area we analyzed. For this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of D. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. With its weak score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home offers far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 2.07% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 95.87% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 4.31 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 10.82 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Conway Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away2302 College Avenue Conway Arkansas 72034Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 329-3831
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis8.34 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic8.5 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis8.97 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis9.41 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC9.44 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC9.69 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Fmcna - East Little Rock9.88 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis11.07 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813