The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Maumelle, Arkansas, which has 21,273 people. With an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Maumelle. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this place a good overall grade, we did give it a relatively strong grade in the area of inspections, where it received a B. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. The nursing grade assesses quite a few datapoints, but the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is not a score to write home about. Our short-term care grades are presumably more important for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its poor score in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility provides substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care, which was a weak spot for this facility. We gave this facility a D in long-term care. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this nursing home gave the vaccine to just 72.91667 percent of its patients, which is a bit of a concern. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 2.09% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 95.41% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lakes at Maumelle Health and Rehabilitation, 77.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 4.31 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 10.82 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Conway Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 14.8 miles away2302 College Avenue Conway Arkansas 72034Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 329-3831
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis8.34 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic8.5 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis8.97 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis9.41 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC9.44 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC9.69 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Fmcna - East Little Rock9.88 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis11.07 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813