The Hearthstone is located in Seattle, Washington. This city is among the largest cities in the country with has 837,792 people. This is a very good facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good rating. In fact, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rate it ahead of the majority of the facilities in Seattle. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing grade consists of many subcategories, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a dominant short-term care grade. Indeed, short-term care turned out to be its second most impressive category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A-. In computing these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Hearthstone?
In addition, this nursing home received a very good inspection report this year as well. It received one of our higher grades in that area with a B. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B-. This proved to be this facility's least impressive area. This is still not a poor grade. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable datapoint. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Hearthstone Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Hearthstone, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Hearthstone, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Hearthstone, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Hearthstone, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Hearthstone, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Hearthstone, 13.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Hearthstone, 93.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Hearthstone, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Hearthstone, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In The Hearthstone, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Hearthstone, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Hearthstone, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Hearthstone, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 2.33 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center2.04 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis3.04 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Olympic View Dialysis Center3.66 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center4.49 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center4.89 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center5 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center6.23 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center6.74 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785