The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh is one of just a few nursing homes located in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this nursing home has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 25 best nursing homes in Pennsylvania. We can not find many bad things to say about this place. Its grades are impeccable. We also gave this nursing home strong grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating is based on many datapoints, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this nursing home so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as strong as it gets in this category. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth category we graded is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A. This completed a very impressive profile. Very few nursing homes earned an A- or better in each of our categories. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which have had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 3.23% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 88.5% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Health Center at the Hill at Whitemarsh, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.06 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Roxborough Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away5800 Ridge Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Proprietary(215) 483-9900
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.96 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Harston Hall2.32 miles away350 Haws Lane Flourtown Pennsylvania 19031Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 233-0181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mt. Airy3.08 miles away10 East Moreland Avenue, Suite 300 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (215) 381-0310
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Roxborough Dialysis4.2 miles away5003 Umbria Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19128Dialysis Stations: 16 (267) 331-6384
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton4.74 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis5.04 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East5.09 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.15 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Olney5.4 miles away2154-58 Stenton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 548-3704