The Health Center at Richland Place is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Nashville, Tennessee. Sporting an overall score of A, this nursing home is ranked among the best facilities we assessed. We flat out can't say enough great things about this place. We also gave this facility impressive grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Health Center at Richland Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in our short-term care rating, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This nursing home has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this area. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Health Center at Richland Place?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this nursing home was given a high-end long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in this area, topping off one of our more impressive profiles. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 65.13158 percent of its patients, which is slightly less than we expected. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Health Center at Richland Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 8.67% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 89.63% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Health Center at Richland Place, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 10 other nursing homes
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.77 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.97 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Dialysis Associates, LLC2.05 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Srs-Nashville Hh LLC2.06 miles away3900 Clifton Ave Nashville Tennessee 37209Dialysis Stations: 10 (615) 988-7881
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis2.13 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162
- Whitebridge Dialysis2.2 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Dci Medical Center2.28 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn2.36 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812
- Rcg West Nashville2.51 miles away344 White Bridge Pike Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (615) 353-2113
- Dci Nashville2.56 miles away935 21st Avenue North Nashville Tennessee 37208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (615) 327-3984